Basically, the mobile phone is made by ARM / CORTEX architecture. There are several manufacturers like Snapdragon, MediaTek, Exynos by Samsung, Nvidia Tegra, Apple, Intel and few. They manufacture the processors the type of the processors simply depends on the NUMBER OF CORES like dual, quad, octa. Mobile
Processor comparison is done to know about the performance and efficiency of the processor. We will be discussing and comparing top flagship processors including Apple A12 bionic, Huawei Kirin 980, Samsung Exynos 9820 and Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 in brief and listing top Smartphone Processor 2019.
Apple-designed CPU- Two performance cores tackle heavy computational tasks, and four efficiency cores take on everyday tasks. There newest performance controller dynamically divides work access to these cores, harnessing all six when a power boost is needed.
2 performance cores: Up to 15% faster than A11 Bionic.
4 efficiency cores: Up to 50% lower power usage than A11 Bionic.
Apple-designed GPU: A new fourth core and lossless memory compression big gains in graphics performance to games, video, editing, and visually demanding apps.
4-core GPU: Graphics performance Up to 50% faster than A11 Bionic.
Similarities between A12 Bionic and Kirin 980
There are many similarities between Apple A12 bionic and Huawei Kirin 980 processor. They both have got 7 nm processor. Both the processor have a neural-processing unit, and they both made a big thing about the power of this neuro-processing unit.
Differences between A12 Bionic and Kirin 980
The big difference is Apple is using their own designed cores and Huawei is using cores designed by ARM, and Huawei Kirin 980 is an octa-core processor whereas Apple A12 bionic is a hexacore processor.
Apple also says that there are two higher performance cores in Apple A12 bionic chip that will actually work 15% better than A11 and it looks like the four energy efficient cores are remaining exactly the same, they are more efficient and that is mainly due to moving down to 7-nm.
Smartphones powered with A12 Bionic include iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR.
Smartphones powered with Kirin 980 include Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Huawei P30 Pro.
- The Exynos 9820 is manufactured using an 8-nm processor from Samsung which is expected to give a 10% power boost and efficiency boost as compared to a 10-nm chip. Exynos 9820 is an octa-core processor, with three different groups of processors that run at different speeds. It includes two custom-designed M4 processors, two Cortex-A75 processors from Arm, four energy-efficient Cortex A-55 cores.
- The Exynos 9820 comes with a 12-core Mali-G76 GPU which is expected to have a 35-40% increase in gaming performance as compared to 18-core Mali-G72 that we find in Exynos 9810
- Exynos 9820 is accompanied by the inclusion of an NPU a Neural Processing Unit.
Find out more details here: Exynos 9820 full specifications
- One prime core clock speed: Up to 2.84 GHz.
- Three performance cores clock speed: Up to 2.42GHz.
- Four efficiency cores clock speed: Up to 1.80 GHz.
- Adreno 640 GPU.
- HDR Playback codec support for HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision.
- 8K 360 VR video playback.
- 4K 60 HDR video capture (HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG) with Portrait Mode (bokeh), 10-bit color depth and Rec, 2020 color gamut.
- Hardware-based Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) solution within the camera subsystem.
Find out more details here: Snapdragon 855 complete specifications
Comparison of the four flagship processors
Geekbench Single-Core Scores
- Apple A12 Bionic-4814
- Kirin 980- 3378
- Exynos 9820- 4496
- Snapdragon 855- 3410
A12 Bionic is the leader of all, in single-core performance.
Geekbench Multi-Core Scores
- Apple A12 Bionic- 11405
- Snapdragon 855- 10500
- Exynos 9820- 10287
- Kirin 980- 10024
Multi-core performance of all the four-processor is almost the same.
- Apple A12 Bionic- 352405
- Snapdragon 855- 350000
- Exynos 9820- 315000
- Kirin 980- 309628
Antutu score is the measure of the overall performance of the processor, till now A12 Bionic is the most powerful processor but Snapdragon 855 is not much behind.
The three processors including A12 Bionic, Snapdragon 855, and Kirin 980 are based on 7-nm technology, whereas Exynos 9820 is based on 8-nm technology.
- Apple A12 Bionic
- Snapdragon 855 (Adreno 640)
- Exynos 9820 ()
- Kirin 980 ()
- Snapdragon 855
- Exynos 9820
- Kirin 980
- Apple A12 Bionic
SD 855, Exynos 9820, Kirin 980 comes with an external 5G modem, internet speed and networking are very much dependent on your location and service provider.
Top Smartphone Processor 2019 (Mobile Processor Ranking)
- A13 Bionic
- A12 Bionic
- Snapdragon 855+
- Snapdragon 855
- Exynos 9825
- Kirin 990
- Exynos 9820
- Krin 980
- A11 Bionic
- Exynos 9810
- Snapdragon 845
- Snapdragon 730G
- Kirin 810
- Exynos 8895
- Kirin 970
- Helio G90T
- Apple A10 Fusion
- Helio G90
- Snapdragon 835
- Snapdragon 675
- Snapdragon 712
- Snapdragon 710
- Helio P90
- Helio X30
- Apple A9
- Snapdragon 660
- Helio P70
- Exynos 9610
- Snapdragon 670
- Kirin 710
- Helio P60
- Exynos 7885
- Snapdragon 636
- Snapdragon 632
- Exynos 7904
- Snapdragon 630
- Snapdragon 626
- Exynos 7872
- Exynos 7880
- Snapdragon 625
The rankings are based on theoretical numbers as well as real world performance test.
Also read: Mobile GPU comparison and Ranking 2019